Monday, February 23, 2015

The Four (Five) Agreements Installment 2 of 5

Yesterday I wrote about the First Agreement, you can read that blog post here. Tonight I want to explore the second agreement--

                  2. Don't take anything personally.  Nothing others do is because of you. What others say                         and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dreams. When you are immune to                         the opinions and actions of others, you won‟t be the victim of needless suffering.


You, nor i are so big or important that someone makes choices about what they do or say because of us. That's simple.

When someone insults you, think about this--they are speaking words that are their own, personal truth. It has nothing to do with you. I knew a person once that would tell me I was ugly. Not often, usually after they had a bad week. What I cam to over hear was them actually speaking to themselves-out loud, "I am so ugly." They were speaking about how they felt about the person in the mirror-not me.

Another person, very dear to me, would and still does say, "You can never make a living running your own business." As I have grown older and matured, I see so many people earning a living by running their own business. What I came to understand was this person had their own doubts & greed that caused to them to be scared. hey projected that fear out towards others.

As the old saying goes, "Misery loves company." When people have their own set of fears, doubts, concerns, need to control, insecurities and a host of other negative emotions--they project them on others.

Do not accept them as yours.

Also, when you have so-called negative emotions--work through them. Do not victimize others by projecting your emotions on others.




Not only should you think before you speak, think before you listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome.