Friday, November 20, 2009

Cranberry Salad That is absolutley DIVINE!!

With all the holidays coming up and so many never having eaten a good cranberry salad, I thought I'd share this tradition from my childhood family.

Cranberry Salad--Easy and Sweet


My mother and I used to do this twice a year, Thanksgiving and Christmas, in an old hand grinder. We clamped it to the table and one of us would feed the cranberries in and the other would turn it.

I now make this all year long. If you leave the pecans off, it is great on turkey and chicken sandwiches. It goes over well at most potlucks, too.

1 bag cranberries
1 large box gelatin (any flavor)
1 whole orange
2 cups boiling water
1/2 to 1 cup sugar
nice Pecan halves

Puree cranberries and entire orange(peeling and all) in blender. Stir gelatin and sugar into boiling water until dissolved. Stir in pureed fruits. Pour in to a square pan or casserole. Chill just until set. Remove from fridge and gently place one whole Pecan half in center of each serving sized square. (Do not cut the squares until firmly set.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome.