Friday, April 4, 2008

Have a Stole in Mind

Well, I have been thinking on what to do with all that yarn I have left from the baby blnket, also posted in this blog.

A STOLE!

My shoulders get cold in the winter time so I plan to make a stole with it. I have 5 full skeins and almost a whole 6th left--that should be enough.

Right now I am planning on using the same stitch pattern.

Have to finish a filet cross first. It's for Mother for her birthday on eight days! I have had to rip it out twice now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scarf is nice as is a collar which can be pulled tight around your neck.
High neck collars are really nice and are coming back into fashion. I like doing lace with designs. You use graph paper and fill in the blocks and that becomes your design. I have done suns and unicorns in the past. Each block is equal to a double loop stitch and three chains. each solid block is 4 double loop stitches. I use a high lighter to cross out the line I've finished. I like the visual of the graph paper over written directions.

Unknown said...

Yep, that's called filet crochet. I do it with 3dc not 4dc.

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome.