Saturday, March 8, 2008

Handmade Easter Outfit





I was waiting on a friend to have surgery and of course, although it was a simple surgery, it was an all day thing.


I had obtained a pattern called "Sweetie Dress"(click the title to be taken to the pattern), intending to make it for my 3 year old granddaughter.


The pattern printed on four pages. After crocheting for a while, putting it down umpteen times to talk with doctors, nurses, etc. and picking it back up, I thought I was on the last page and finished the dress off.


Uh-oh!!! I was only about half way through.


Time for the thinking cap!


It became a top. I decided to get some denim and make her skirt to wear with it.


So I proceeded to Wal-Mart to get the required denim. While I was browsing through the yarn (after having obtained the denim) I noticed this plain, pink cowgirl hat discarded in the yarn bins.


Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Kimberlee loves hats. So in the buggy it went.


Then I had to get something to dress it up, so through all the spools of yarn rick-rack, and everything else to decide what to trim it with. Purple and white.


This entire thing is totally handmade. I have sewing machines, but nowhere to set one up. (We have two Alzheimer's patients in the house and that is another story.)


So here is the resulting outfit. I am going out to visit next week and will take pictures of it on her.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome job I'm sure your granddaughter will love it. Can't wait to see picutres if her in it
janice

Unknown said...

Thank you very much. Just posted the one pic she let us take of her in it.

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome.