Saturday, March 8, 2008

Handmade Easter Outfit





I was waiting on a friend to have surgery and of course, although it was a simple surgery, it was an all day thing.


I had obtained a pattern called "Sweetie Dress"(click the title to be taken to the pattern), intending to make it for my 3 year old granddaughter.


The pattern printed on four pages. After crocheting for a while, putting it down umpteen times to talk with doctors, nurses, etc. and picking it back up, I thought I was on the last page and finished the dress off.


Uh-oh!!! I was only about half way through.


Time for the thinking cap!


It became a top. I decided to get some denim and make her skirt to wear with it.


So I proceeded to Wal-Mart to get the required denim. While I was browsing through the yarn (after having obtained the denim) I noticed this plain, pink cowgirl hat discarded in the yarn bins.


Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Kimberlee loves hats. So in the buggy it went.


Then I had to get something to dress it up, so through all the spools of yarn rick-rack, and everything else to decide what to trim it with. Purple and white.


This entire thing is totally handmade. I have sewing machines, but nowhere to set one up. (We have two Alzheimer's patients in the house and that is another story.)


So here is the resulting outfit. I am going out to visit next week and will take pictures of it on her.


2 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome.